In Math, students completed the Unit 2 Math Test and started a new unit on Multiplication and Division Facts. In Lesson 1, we learned about using arrays and doubles to multiply. Next week, the class will focus on multiplying by 1, 0, and 0. We will also look at skip counting strategies to determine products.
In Science, students have had several classes to conduct internet research on on animal and habitat of their choice. Their research folders have been sent home so they may conclude their research and return it school. This work is due on Tuesday, December 12th.
In Social Studies, the class is learning about Saskatchewan. We will continue learning about various plants found in our province next week.
The class has enjoyed their Writer's Workshop time. Students have put effort into writing beautifully crafted stories from a story spine arrangement. We are hoping to finalize our drafts and title pages next week.
During Daily 5, students were introduced to the I PICK Trick. The I PICK Trick is a method students can use to select "Good-Fit Books." Selecting good-fit books doesn't have to be a daunting task. The I PICK Trick is one way to help your child select books they will enjoy and benefit from reading. The acronym stands for the following:
- I choose a book
- P urpose - Why do I want to read it?
- I nterest - Does it interest me?
- C omprehend - Am I understanding what I am reading?
- K now - I know most of the words (think about the "5 Finger Rule")
Gingerbread House Reminder: Please remember to have your child bring a 2L washed out milk CARTON to school by Friday, December 15th. All other items, including the cardboard base wrapped in tin foil and candy decorations, should be brought to school on December 18th.
Thank you to all families who have already returned the Christmas Dinner Hamper Items. Just a reminder to send all non-perishable items by December 15th and perishable items on December 19th.
Our Santa's Workshop collection area is starting to gain headway. Please continue to send your gently used or new items to school with your child. We will continue to collect items for Seven Stones School until December 15th.
Christmas Concert Ticket Request forms were sent home with youngest and only last week. Please refer to this form and return your requests by the date indicated. Thank you.
Events to look forward to next week:
- Monday: Pictures with Santa ($2)
- Tuesday: Science research due (return all copies); Book Club at noon
- Wednesday: Emotional Regulation Workshop (AM)
- Thursday: Concert Ticket Requests due; Book Club at noon; Snowman Craft with Mrs. MacDonald in the PM (Kyrah's mom).
- Friday: Sp. Test; Non-perishable Food Hamper Items due; Santa's Workshop items due; Return washed out 2L Milk Carton; Subway Lunch
- Please refer to and sign the student agenda daily. Thank you.