Please note: Information regarding an upcoming trip to go bowling on June 22nd at the Golden Mile will be coming home soon. Please stay tuned for more information and confirmation of this event.
Also, if you are aware of any dates in advance that your child will be away from school, please send me an email, if possible, ahead of time. June is a very busy time at the school and in the classroom and it would be helpful to know such information for trips, assessments, and activities. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Our final "Fun Swim" at the Sandra Schmirler Centre is booked for June 19th. Parent volunteers are always welcome. Please let me know if you are able to help out in the change rooms. Dads are especially needed.
- practiced three strategies for multiplying larger numbers: multiply the tens and ones separately then add, expanded form using brackets, and breaking numbers up (multiply and then add in vertical format). It is not unusual for some of these strategies to appear like variations of more traditional methods. These variations are the beginnings of algebra.
- explored how authors build pictures in readers' minds by using sensory images in poetry they write.
- read about Band Councils and Advocacy Groups in Social Studies as they pertain to Indigenous groups in Saskatchewan.
- read Diary of a Spider and completed their own book reviews about a story or picture book of their choice.
- completed their shadow puppets and practiced their shadow puppet shows.
- planned and worked on their bicycle safety posters. These will be posted around the school.
- attended a Band Recruiting Concert on Friday afternoon.
- Monday: Sp. Test; "Your Voice Matters" 1/2 Day Workshop in the afternoon (Presenter: U of S, Diefenbaker Canada Centre)
- Tuesday: Reading Assessment; Popcorn Day; High Jump Practice @ 3:45 pm
- Wednesday: Jazz Concert (AM); Gardening Club
- Thursday: RAD Assessment
- Friday: Library
- Reading Assessments will be conducted throughout the duration of this week and may be held on different days other than the ones indicated above.